Under the direction of the Bay Area Houston Convention and Visitor Bureau Board of Directors, the Regional Tourism Administrator serves as the regional representative managing and coordinating the operations for destination marketing services. This position represents all partner cities and members in addition to interacting and engaging with attractions, businesses, hotels, and other stakeholders to enhance and promote tourism and business in Bay Area Houston.
- Market Bay Area Houston as a premier destination.
- Foster relationships with regional tourism partners and stakeholders.
- Financial oversight and transparency.
- Budget development and management.
- Strategic plan development and implementation.
- Administration and planning of meetings, agenda and minutes.
- Establishment and oversight of membership recruitment and programs.
- Development of innovative tourism programs.
- Project management and promotions.
- Community engagement and media relations.
- Management and expansion of the BAHCVB brand.
- Social media, website and collateral management.
- Advertising and media buying.
- Editing and proofreading.
- Bay Area Houston ambassador.
- Manage contract/part-time employees, interns and volunteers.
- Report preparation and presentation.
- Facilitate relationships with state and out-of-state visitor centers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, tourism, business administration or related field plus two (2) or more years of professional experience in management or marketing field. Consideration will be given based on a combination of education and years of experience.
Professional work experience in tourism or related field. Experience in developing and implementing marketing programs, strategies, sales and developing collaborations and partnerships. Experience with a variety of communication tools including website design/development, press releases, graphic design, blogs and social media. Knowledge of the Bay Area Houston including shops, restaurants, attractions, special events, key highlights related to tourists and visitors.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have knowledge of the tourism industry, promotions, and marketing-related tourism initiatives.
- Must have oral and written communication skills, interpersonal office skills using tact and diplomacy and telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Communication and marketing skills include but not limited to social media management, graphic design, web development, creative writing, media buying, photography/videography, advertising.
- Ability to create new partnerships through the community to promote these initiatives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with BAHCVB Board of Directors and partner cities, city officials, staff, volunteers, visitors, tourists and the general public.
- Must have the ability to work independently with little direction, establish and maintain an effective working relationship with others, possess decision-making and problem-solving skills. Meet schedules and deadlines, plan and organize work, prepare, and maintain files, records and reports; and follow oral and written directions.
- Knowledge of operations; modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers and printers as well as record keeping and file maintenance techniques. Ability to operate a PC and/or Mac, copier, digital camera, projector, and various other standard office equipment.
- Ability to read business reports, journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from partner cities, staff and the general public.
- Must be available for some weekend and evening work.
This position will be employed either as a contract employee or as a full-time employee. Employment will be determined by the BAHCVB Board of Directors. Salary and compensation will be determined by employment type and candidate experience. Current salary/compensation range budget of $48,000 – $88,000 per year.